Join us on Nov. 28 for #GivingNewsDay, a day to raise funds and awareness for press freedom.
You know that press freedom is under attack, and trusted journalism is needed now more than ever.
What is #GivingNewsDay? The Tuesday following Thanksgiving is recognized as an international day of giving, or Giving Tuesday.
SPJ will celebrate this day as #GivingNewsDay to rally our members and supporters around our goal of raising funds and awareness for our mission to protect freedom of the press.
By participating in SPJ’s 2017 campaign, you are helping to improve and protect journalism.
You can choose how you want to participate in #GivingNewsDay:
- Fund training and education for journalists of all ages through the SDX Foundation.
- Provide financial aid for journalists facing litigation issues through the Legal Defense Fund.
- Add to our “war chest” for defending press freedom through the First Amendment Forever Fund.
- Continue to further fund excellence in journalism through the President’s Club.
- Ask your fellow chapter members, family and friends to support the future of journalism
If you have questions about giving to SPJ or the SDX Foundation, please contact Development Manager Katie Kowalski at email@example.com.
Show your support for SPJ on #GivingNewsDay to help promote and protect the freedom of the press.